Senior Embedded (Software) Engineer (REF: GWR 120309-06) – Singapore
GreenWave Reality is looking to hire professionals with unmatched skill levels in the area of embedded firmware design.
- Qualifications Candidates for this position must possess considerable knowledge and deep hands on experience on embedded system, excellent troubleshooting, and problem solving skills, excellent communications skills, and the ability to work with a hardware and software team to create a fully functional system.
- Previous experience with electric metering and thorough knowledge of electric utility power system operation and or three phase networks is desirable, but not a prerequisite.
- Proficient with firmware and software programming using C/C++ and assembly languages.
- Must have a good understanding in modern computer architectures, and be proficient with commonly used algorithms and data structures.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science, 4-7+ years of embedded system design and development experience.
- Must possess considerable knowledge and real hands on experience on embedded system board level of design and development, such as booltoader/BIOS, HAL and different device driver development.
- Must be familiar with basic knowledge of different microprocessor (such as ARM/MIPS/PowerPC) and 8 bit microcontroller system and related peripheral technologies (PCI, SPI, I2C, USB, etc).
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following domains will be added advantages:
- Embedded real time operating system (RTOS
- Linux and GNU development environment.
- Wireless technologies (WiFi, Z-Wave, ZigBee)
- Internetworking and TCP/IP technologies
- Knowledge of the issues involved with development and debugging of embedded real time systems.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced team environment where you will interface regularly with electrical, back-end software, mechanical and system test engineers on system level design development.
- Desire and ability to learn new tools, languages and design techniques
- Ability to evaluate and make recommendation on cost control, reliability and manufacturability issues and maintains aggressive development schedules
- Familiarity with common test and debugging equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and JTAG debugger/emulator is also highly desired.
- Excellent testing, analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to convey technical concepts in business terms
- The ability to work with cross functional teams to create a fully functional system
- Must be fluently speaking, reading and writing English
- Basic Chinese skills is a plus
- ONLY Singaporean/SPR may apply
*This role requires previous embedded and firmware design experience.
If you wish to grow your career with a dynamic organisation, please send resumes (in MS Word format) stating your qualifications, experiences, current & expected salary, date of availability, reason for leaving and a recent photograph directly to [email protected].
To expedite the process, please state the post and reference number as heading/title to your application in your email.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.