IT System Administrator – US
GreenWave Reality is looking to hire professionals with unmatched skill levels in the area of Information Technology.
Title of Position:
IT System Administrator
Director of Information Technology
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. User support and customer service on company supported computer applications and platforms. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. Troubleshoot problems and advise on the appropriate actions. Research new purchases to help drive productivity and cut costs. Help maintain and support customers in the cloud. Light travel to corporate offices, customer launches, and trade shows in order to provide support. Support staff in technical demos and hardware upgrades.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux systems that support end users and infrastructure. Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
Main Job Task and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Follow standard support procedures.
- Administer software and hardware.
- Redirect problems to the appropriate resources.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Prepare activity reports.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
Operations and Support:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Asia Users / Staff
- EMEA Users / Staff
- US Users / Staff
- Customer engagements
Terms of Employment:
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as Engineering or Computer Science and/or relevant experience.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix / Linux and or Microsoft.
- Citrix, Vmware, Amazon cloud, Zen, Virtualization.
- Basic SQL
- Gmail, GoToMeeting, Skype
- Confident communications skills
- Good knowledge of operating systems
- Hands on experience of installing IT hardware and software
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management
- Self Starter